We can all play a part to protect our rural character and incredible open landscape – we just need to know how.
Educating people about conservation tools is an integral part of DLC’s mission. We regularly talk with municipalities, school groups, service and business associations, and private landowners about the importance of land preservation, sound planning, quality growth that protects important resources, and ways to keep farmers on the land.
Local officials have been eagerly attending our annual Town/DLC Board Breakfasts which serve to bring towns and DLC together on cooperative issues and ideas. We also host educational programs for local citizens and DLC members to educate people about sound land stewardship and the environment.
- Thanks for joining us at the Black Sheep Hill Farm Fest! Black Sheep Hill Farm and the DLC invite you to get to know some farmers and their food at a Farm, Food, & Family Event.
- Thanks for joining us on the Birding Walk at the Dover Stone Church Preserve with the Waterman Bird Club Check out the photos!
- Thanks for visiting us at the Caora Farm Sheep Dog Trials on June 25 & 26! There was a great turnout for this year’s Sheep Dog Trials at Caora Farm in Millerton.
- Thanks to all who attended “The Future of Oak Forests” On Saturday, May 7th, the DLC and the Cary Institute presented a forum exploring the future of oak forests. Photos coming soon!
- Thanks for coming to the screening of “Green Fire” at Vassar College It was a fun and informative evening!
- Thanks for joining us! Our Workshop “Online Natural Resource Mapping Tools” was a great success!
- Thanks to all who joined us for our Down to Earth workshop series! These workshops offer farmers and landowners interested in leasing farmland the opportunity to learn how to establish successful, long-term rental relationships.
- The Dutchess County Ducks Unlimited Great Swamp Shoot & Conservation Program – Thanks for coming! It was a beautiful day at Tamarack Preserve to learn about wetland habitats! View the photos.
- Caora Farm Sheep Dog Trials: Great Family Fun in spite of the Weather! Part of the competition schedule of the North East Border Collie Association, the Caora Farm Sheep Dog Trials had exciting competition for the many enthusiastic spectators attending.
- The new trails at the Dover Stone Church Preserve are officially open! Thanks to all who attended the grand opening of the new trails and kiosk at the expanded Dover Stone Church Preserve!