We can all play a part to protect our rural character and incredible open landscape – we just need to know how.
Educating people about conservation tools is an integral part of DLC’s mission. We regularly talk with municipalities, school groups, service and business associations, and private landowners about the importance of land preservation, sound planning, quality growth that protects important resources, and ways to keep farmers on the land.
Local officials have been eagerly attending our annual Town/DLC Board Breakfasts which serve to bring towns and DLC together on cooperative issues and ideas. We also host educational programs for local citizens and DLC members to educate people about sound land stewardship and the environment.
- Thanks for coming out to FarmFest! It was farmers, food and fun and a great time was had by all! Check out the photos.
- Our Forest Birds Workshop was fun and informative! Couldn’t attend? We’ve got Audubon NY’s full color presentation for you to download.
- Thanks to all who joined us at the Forest Stewardship Workshop It was a fun and informative workshop. We’re hoping to do another in the fall, so stay tuned!
- Thanks to all who joined us for the Tree ID Workshop It was a great workshop – fun and informative!
- Thanks to all who attended “The Mountain Lion Returns to the East”! Over 400 of you joined us for Sue Morse’s magnificently illustrated intro to mountain lion biology and ecology last Friday. Learn more.
- Thanks for Joining us for our Down to Earth workshops! This 3-part series offered interactive learning opportunities for both farmers and landowners seeking to lease farmland or prepare their farm to transition to the next generation. We hope to see you next year!
- Missed all the buzz? It was fun and very informative and you can access all the resource handouts here!