We can all play a part to protect our rural character and incredible open landscape – we just need to know how.
Educating people about conservation tools is an integral part of DLC’s mission. We regularly talk with municipalities, school groups, service and business associations, and private landowners about the importance of land preservation, sound planning, quality growth that protects important resources, and ways to keep farmers on the land.
Local officials have been eagerly attending our annual Town/DLC Board Breakfasts which serve to bring towns and DLC together on cooperative issues and ideas. We also host educational programs for local citizens and DLC members to educate people about sound land stewardship and the environment.
- Earth Matters: Virtual Winter Speaker Series Starts November 3rd!We are excited to introduce our new Virtual Winter Speaker Series, Earth Matters! Learn more.
- Looking for a book club that focuses on the environment? We’ve got it!Join the DLC and CLC’s ‘Where the Wild Books Are Book Club.’ Our next virtual meeting is November 9th and we’re reading ‘Why Fish Don’t Exist’ by Lulu Miller. Don’t miss it!
- Join us for a walk at Connecticut Audubon’s Deer Pond Farm!Join us on October 16th as we take you to forever-protected lands in Pawling, NY and Sherman, CT for a look at enhancing wildlife habitats in your own backyard.
- Join us for a Scavenger Hunt at Wethersfield Garden!We’re teaming up with the Wethersfield Foundation to bring you a family-friendly event at Wethersfield Garden. Registration for July 25th & August 1st is open and filling up fast – RSVP today!
- Want to learn how to take care of your wooded lands?Couldn’t make the live sessions of our Forest Stewardship Workshop series? We have the recordings here!
- It was a great day for our Vernal Pool Walk at Wethersfield!It was a spectacular day at Wethersfield and we thank all who were able to join us! Check out the photos.
- Tree ID for BeginnersIt was an amazing program! Missed it? Check out the video here.
- Missed our Workshop: An Ecological Approach to Wildlife Stewardship? We’ve got the videos!Check out our 3-part virtual workshop series on managing and conserving wildlife in New York State.