- Working with valued partners only makes us better! August, 2017 – We can’t always do it alone. Luckily, we’re able to reach out, brainstorm, and work with others to ensure that more valuable farmland, habitat, natural resources, and scenic landscapes are protected. We collaborate with local communities, Dutchess County, and land trust partners. One of our most valued partnerships is with Scenic ...
- Our work is featured in Organic Hudson Valley Magazine’s Aug/Sept issue! Thanks so much to the folks there for sharing our mission and spreading the word about land conservation!
- Permanent Protection of Two Local Farms Funded by Dutchess County’s Partnership for Manageable Growth We’re pleased to announce that the DLC has secured funding from Dutchess County’s Partnership for Manageable Growth (PMG) Program to help permanently protect two local farms: Brookby Farm in the Town of Dover and Destined Wind Farm in the Town of Amenia.
- Its here! Take a peek at our latest newsletter.
Filled with everything we’ve been up to lately!
- DLC Receives Grants from NYS to Protect Two Local Farms Governor Cuomo recently announced the latest round of Farmland Protection Implementation Grants for the Mid-Hudson Valley. The DLC received two of the five grants awarded to protect local farms!
- Everything we were up to in 2015 – at a glance! Our latest Annual Report is here.
- County Collaborates with DLC, New York State to Preserve Milan Farm Dutchess County Executive Marcus J. Molinaro has announced the completion of a conservation easement to protect an 87.5-acre farm in Milan owned by Larry and Betti Steel, in partnership with the Dutchess Land Conservancy and New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets.
- Take at look at the latest issue of Gaining Ground!
It’s here and packed full of exciting news and scenes from our events. We hope you enjoy it!
- Schultz Hill Farm – part of Ronnybrook Dairy – Now Forever Protected June, 2016 – The Osofsky family – Freddi, Rick, Ronny and Sid – have protected their family-owned 185-acre Schultz Hill Farm (part of the Ronnybrook Dairy), on Schultz Hill Road in Pine Plains, through the DLC’s purchase of development rights program, in partnership with Scenic Hudson. This portion of their farm will now remain open ...
- Why Purchasing Development Rights is Important to our Communities as well as our Farmers June, 2016 – Just in case you didn’t really understand why buying development rights is important and what it can do for our communities and our farmers, read an article from The Millerton News.
error: Content is protected !!