Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Our 2014 Annual Report is now available! Inside you’ll find details of our work over the year, all of which we could not have accomplished without your very generous support!
- Our latest issue of Gaining Ground is here! We have lots of news to share, including a tribute to our longtime, beloved Board Member Molly Schaefer, stories of caring landowners who ensured that their properties will be forever protected, and lots more!
- DLC Mourns the Loss of Board Member Molly Schaefer DLC is deeply saddened by the sudden and unexpected loss of a dear and devoted Board member, Molly Schaefer, from a horse riding accident on June 17th.
- Our Call to Farmers: Funds Available to Protect Farmland Great news for the agricultural community: The New York State Legislature has passed a state budget for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 that includes $35 million for protecting working farmland. Hudson Valley farmers are invited to apply for funding to protect their farms through the acquisition of an agricultural easement on their land.
- A Legacy of Land Conservation and Leadership: Remembering Dick Kimball In April we received news of the passing of former DLC Board member, Past Chairman, and long-time friend Richard A. “Dick” Kimball, Jr.
- Time is running out for you to register for our upcoming Down to Earth workshop! Join us this Tuesday, October 6th for Understanding Your Land and Options: Farmland Suitability and What’s Right for You.
- Psssst! Grab your friends and get a sneak preview of the silent auction at our fall luncheon! Our 24th Annual Fall Country Luncheon is coming up soon and we have some fabulous items for you to bid on! Gather your friends and make a plan to bid together on some once-in-a-lifetime trips, luxury items, and priceless experiences and support land conservation!
- Our Fall Country Luncheon is coming up soon! Join us on October 11th at beautiful and historic Wethersfield Farm in Stanford. If you haven’t received your invitation, please call our office!
Our 2015 Special Events Sponsored in Part by: