Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Your Input about Dutchess County Agriculture is Crucial! Harvest time reminds us all to appreciate the importance of supporting our farms and farm businesses and of protecting the fields and orchards that provide so much bounty. Our farmers have adapted to many changes since the first Dutchess County Agriculture and Farmland Protection Plan was adopted in 1998. Now it’s time for a new ...
- Working to Make the Enhanced Conservation Easement Tax Incentive Permanent Since 2006, an enhanced income tax deduction has allowed family farmers, ranchers, and forest land owners to get a significant tax benefit for donating a conservation easement on their land. This deduction expires at the end of 2013.
- Our 2012 Annual Report is here! View our 2012 Annual Report here or call our office at 845.677.3002 to have a copy mailed to you!
- Announcing our new Farmer Landowner Match Program! We’re pleased to announce that we are now working in collaboration with Columbia Land Conservancy (CLC) to expand its Farmer Landowner Match Program into Dutchess County. The program, which previously focused solely on Columbia County, facilitates lease agreements between landowners seeking to have their land farmed, and farmers seeking land.
- Congressman Chris Gibson thanks DLC on House floor! DLC strongly thanks Congressman Chris Gibson for his hard work and support to improve the land conservation measures of the Farm Bill! Learn more and watch the video!
- Thanks to all who Joined us at our Fall Luncheon! Over three hundred supporters and friends enjoyed a beautiful day at Rocky Reef Farm! Check out the photos here.
- Thanks to all of our Fall Luncheon Silent Auction Donors! Our Silent Auction at the Fall Country Luncheon was a great success! We thank our very generous auction donors and all who supported DLC’s programs by purchasing items!
- Thanks to all who Joined us for Managing Private Woodlots: A Workshop for NY Master Forest Owner Volunteers and Woodlot Owners! The workshop provided the opportunity for local landowners to meet with trained Cornell Master Forest Owner (MFO) volunteers and staff from Cornell University and Cornell Cooperative Extension, Dutchess Land Conservancy and the Cary Institute for Ecosystem Studies. Participants learned strategies and resources to help them better manage their property to meet land management objectives.
- Thanks to all who joined us at Farmland Leasing 101! Our New Farmer Landowner Match Program Collaboration with Columbia Land Conservancy was announced at the workshop held on October 1st.
Our 2013 Special Events Sponsored in Part by: