Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Northern Dutchess Alliance Honors DLC Board Member Dave Tetor February 10, 2016 – NYS Assemblymember Didi Barrett joined DLC Board Member/retired Cornell Cooperative Extension Agent and Ag. Educator Dave Tetor and John Clark, retired Development and Design Coordinator for the Dutchess County Dept. of Planning and Development, who received awards from the Northern Dutchess Alliance today.
- Check out our new YouTube video! January 29, 2015 – DLC’s new video is live on YouTube – watch now and learn about our mission!
- Congress Approves Major Conservation Legislation Dec. 18, 2015 – Today, legislation that supports a permanent federal tax incentive for land conservation passed both houses of Congress in a rare display of bipartisanship. The Appropriations Bill (H.R. 2029) next will go to President Obama’s desk, where he is expected to sign it into law.
- Have you seen our latest issue of Gaining Ground? Our November, 2015 issue of Gaining Ground is just off the press and on its way to your mailbox. Inside you’ll find the latest news, scenes from our Annual Fall Country Luncheon, and a welcome to our new Director of Development, Tara Kelly!
- Our thanks to NYS Assemblymember Didi Barrett for supporting agriculture and land conservation! DLC is extremely grateful for Assemblymember Didi Barrett’s incredible leadership to help us protect working farms. Learn more.
- Save the Date for our Spring Barn Dinner Dance! Join us at Silver Mountain Farm on Saturday, May 7th. Details coming soon.
- Thanks for joining us! Our Workshop “Online Natural Resource Mapping Tools” was a great success!
- Thanks to all who joined us for our Down to Earth workshop series! These workshops offer farmers and landowners interested in leasing farmland the opportunity to learn how to establish successful, long-term rental relationships.
- Many thanks to our Silent Auction Donors! Check out a list of the very generous donors to our Fall Luncheon’s Silent Auction.