Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Our Call to Farmers: Funds Available to Protect Farmland through State Environmental Protection Fund Great news for the agricultural community: The New York State Legislature has passed a state budget for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 that includes $35 million for protecting working farmland. Hudson Valley farmers are invited to apply for funding to protect their farms through the acquisition of an agricultural easement on their land.
- A Legacy of Land Conservation and Leadership: Remembering Dick Kimball In April we received news of the passing of former DLC Board member, Past Chairman, and long-time friend Richard A. “Dick” Kimball, Jr.
- DLC Receives Two NYS Conservation Partnership Program Grants On Monday, April 20th, DLC staff was there when representatives of the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and the Land Trust Alliance (LTA) unveiled the grantees of the NYS Conservation Partnership Program (NYSCPP) at Teatown Lake Reservation in Westchester County. DLC received transaction grants in the amount of $27,000 for two projects.
- Dutchess Land Conservancy and Town of Dover Collaborate to add 50+ acres to Stone Church Preserve Dutchess Land Conservancy (DLC) and the Town of Dover are pleased to announce that 50 additional acres have been purchased and added to the Dover Stone Church Preserve in Dover Plains, New York.
- Our Winter 2014-15 issue of Gaining Ground is here! Catch up on the latest news here!
- We’re Celebrating all that’s New at the Dover Stone Church! Since the acquisition of an additional 50 acres to the Dover Stone Church Preserve, DLC, the Town, and the NYNJTC have been hard at work planning new trails, designing an informational kiosk, and organizing activities to take full advantage of the now 175 acre preserve. Learn more.
- Thanks to all who joined us at our Spring Barn Dinner Dance! Our Spring Barn Dinner Dance, held May 9th at Silver Mountain Hay Barn in Millerton, was a delightful event and a spectacular success!
- Upcoming Education Events – Join us! Don’t miss a single education event – Our schedule is packed and we’d love to see you!
- Thanks to all who joined us for Green Fire: Aldo Leopold and a Land Ethic for Our Time Thanks to all who joined us at the Cary Institute for a screening of the Emmy award-winning documentary about the great conservationist Aldo Leopold.
Our 2014 Special Events Sponsored in Part by: