Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- DLC Meets with Representatives in Washington during Land Trust Advocacy Days April, 2016 – DLC Board Chairman Rebecca Seaman, and President Becky Thornton, traveled to Washington DC in April to meet with Representatives on Capitol Hill during Land Trust Advocacy Days, organized by the Land Trust Alliance.
- Northern Dutchess Alliance Honors DLC Board Member Dave Tetor February 10, 2016 – NYS Assemblymember Didi Barrett joined DLC Board Member/retired Cornell Cooperative Extension Agent and Ag. Educator Dave Tetor and John Clark, retired Development and Design Coordinator for the Dutchess County Dept. of Planning and Development, who received awards from the Northern Dutchess Alliance today.
- Check out our new YouTube video! January 29, 2015 – DLC’s new video is live on YouTube – watch now and learn about our mission!
- Congress Approves Major Conservation Legislation Dec. 18, 2015 – Today, legislation that supports a permanent federal tax incentive for land conservation passed both houses of Congress in a rare display of bipartisanship. The Appropriations Bill (H.R. 2029) next will go to President Obama’s desk, where he is expected to sign it into law.
- Have you seen our latest issue of Gaining Ground? Our November, 2015 issue of Gaining Ground is just off the press and on its way to your mailbox. Inside you’ll find the latest news, scenes from our Annual Fall Country Luncheon, and a welcome to our new Director of Development, Tara Kelly!
- It’s Official: Thanks to all of you, our Spring Barn Dinner Dance was an outstanding success! Our Annual Spring Barn Dinner Dance was held on May 7th at MC and Eric Roberts’ Silver Mountain Farm in North East.
- Join us for a Farm, Food and Family Event! The holiday weekend is a perfect time to come out to the Black Sheep Hill Farm Fest in Pine Plains on Saturday, May 28th.
- Coming up in June: The Caora Farm Sheep Dog Trials! Save the date for this fun and family-friendly event – June 23rd to June 26th. Details coming soon!
- Thanks to all who attended “The Future of Oak Forests” How can land stewards make a difference protecting oak forests? Join DLC and the Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies on May 7th for a special forum exploring the future of oak forests.