Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- DLC Receives Grants from NYS to Protect Two Local Farms Governor Cuomo recently announced the latest round of Farmland Protection Implementation Grants for the Mid-Hudson Valley. The DLC received two of the five grants awarded to protect local farms!
- Everything we were up to in 2015 – at a glance! Our latest Annual Report is here.
- County Collaborates with DLC, New York State to Preserve Milan Farm Dutchess County Executive Marcus J. Molinaro has announced the completion of a conservation easement to protect an 87.5-acre farm in Milan owned by Larry and Betti Steel, in partnership with the Dutchess Land Conservancy and New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets.
- Take at look at the latest issue of Gaining Ground! It’s here and packed full of exciting news and scenes from our events. We hope you enjoy it!
- Schultz Hill Farm – part of Ronnybrook Dairy – Now Forever Protected June, 2016 – The Osofsky family – Freddi, Rick, Ronny and Sid – have protected their family-owned 185-acre Schultz Hill Farm (part of the Ronnybrook Dairy), on Schultz Hill Road in Pine Plains, through the DLC’s purchase of development rights program, in partnership with Scenic Hudson. This portion of their farm will now remain open ...
- Our Annual Fall Country Luncheon & Silent Auction was another great success! It was the 25th year of our Fall Country Luncheon – we hope you enjoyed celebrating farmland preservation at Wethersfield Farm in Stanford on Sunday, October 9th. Check out the photos!
- Thanks for visiting us at the Caora Farm Sheep Dog Trials on June 25 & 26! There was a great turnout for this year’s Sheep Dog Trials at Caora Farm in Millerton.
- It’s Official: Thanks to all of you, our Spring Barn Dinner Dance was an outstanding success! Held on May 7th at MC and Eric Roberts’ Silver Mountain Farm in North East.
- Hope you were able to join us at the Black Sheep Hill Farm Fest! Thanks to all who came on Saturday, May 28th. By our tally, there were over 300 of you!