Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Our Winter 2014-15 issue of Gaining Ground is here! Catch up on the latest news here!
- We’ve protected over 39,000 acres! We’ve reached another milestone! As of December 31st, we’ve now protected 39,002 acres of our area’s precious open space, critical farmland, natural resources and wildlife habitats. We couldn’t have done it without the generous support of our easement donors, members, grantmakers and municipal partners. Our sincere thanks to you all!
- Our latest collaboration with Scenic Hudson in the news! Check out the Poughkeepsie Journal’s article on our latest land protection collaboration!
- Our 2013 Annual Report is now online! We hope you’ll enjoy a look at some of our 2013 achievements in land conservation.
- Our Land Trust Accreditation has been Renewed! We are pleased to announce that our Land Trust Accreditation, originally granted in 2009, has been renewed for another five years. We are one of only 280 land trusts from across the country that are now accredited. Learn more.
- Attention Municipal Officials & Volunteers: Need CEU Credits? Join us on Jan. 31st! Our Web Mapping Resources course will help local officials and volunteers tap into various free, on-line web mapping tools available from Dutchess County, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation, and other agencies which provide information on local resources. Learn more
- Save the date! Our Spring Barn Dinner Dance is May 9th Join us at Silver Mountain Hay Barn, Silver Mountain Road, Millerton, NY ~ Saturday ~ May 9th
- Thanks to all who joined us for Green Fire: Aldo Leopold and a Land Ethic for Our Time Thanks to all who joined us at the Cary Institute for a screening of the Emmy award-winning documentary about the great conservationist Aldo Leopold.
- Thanks to our 2014 Special Events Donors! We couldn’t do it without you!
Our 2014 Special Events Sponsored in Part by: