Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Permanent Protection of Two Local Farms Funded by Dutchess County’s Partnership for Manageable Growth We’re pleased to announce that the DLC has secured funding from Dutchess County’s Partnership for Manageable Growth (PMG) Program to help permanently protect two local farms: Brookby Farm in the Town of Dover and Destined Wind Farm in the Town of Amenia.
- Its here! Take a peek at our latest newsletter. Filled with everything we’ve been up to lately!
- DLC Receives Grants from NYS to Protect Two Local Farms Governor Cuomo recently announced the latest round of Farmland Protection Implementation Grants for the Mid-Hudson Valley. The DLC received two of the five grants awarded to protect local farms!
- Everything we were up to in 2015 – at a glance! Our latest Annual Report is here.
- County Collaborates with DLC, New York State to Preserve Milan Farm Dutchess County Executive Marcus J. Molinaro has announced the completion of a conservation easement to protect an 87.5-acre farm in Milan owned by Larry and Betti Steel, in partnership with the Dutchess Land Conservancy and New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets.
- Save the Date and Join the Underwriters’ Committee! Our 26th Annual Fall Country Luncheon and Silent Auction is October 8th. Learn more.
- Our Spring Barn Dinner Dance Thanks to all who braved the rain – despite the weather it was a great night! Check out the photos here.
- Thanks for joining us at the Black Sheep Hill Farm Fest! Black Sheep Hill Farm and the DLC invite you to get to know some farmers and their food at a Farm, Food, & Family Event.
- Thanks for joining us on the Birding Walk at the Dover Stone Church Preserve with the Waterman Bird Club Check out the photos!