Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Dutchess Land Conservancy and Town of Dover Collaborate to add 50+ acres to Stone Church Preserve Dutchess Land Conservancy (DLC) and the Town of Dover are pleased to announce that 50 additional acres have been purchased and added to the Dover Stone Church Preserve in Dover Plains, New York.
- Our Winter 2014-15 issue of Gaining Ground is here! Catch up on the latest news here!
- We’ve protected over 39,000 acres! We’ve reached another milestone! As of December 31st, we’ve now protected 39,002 acres of our area’s precious open space, critical farmland, natural resources and wildlife habitats. We couldn’t have done it without the generous support of our easement donors, members, grantmakers and municipal partners. Our sincere thanks to you all!
- Our latest collaboration with Scenic Hudson in the news! Check out the Poughkeepsie Journal’s article on our latest land protection collaboration!
- Our 2013 Annual Report is now online! We hope you’ll enjoy a look at some of our 2013 achievements in land conservation.
- We’re Celebrating all that’s New at the Dover Stone Church! More Trails, an Informational Kiosk, and a Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony: Since the acquisition of an additional 50 acres to the Dover Stone Church Preserve, DLC, the Town, and the NYNJTC have been hard at work planning new trails, designing an informational kiosk, and organizing activities to take full advantage of the added acreage. Learn more.
- Upcoming Education Events – Join us! Don’t miss a single education event – Our schedule is packed and we’d love to see you!
- Save the date! Our Spring Barn Dinner Dance is May 9th Join us at Silver Mountain Hay Barn, Silver Mountain Road, Millerton, NY ~ Saturday ~ May 9th
- Thanks to all who joined us for Green Fire: Aldo Leopold and a Land Ethic for Our Time Thanks to all who joined us at the Cary Institute for a screening of the Emmy award-winning documentary about the great conservationist Aldo Leopold.
Our 2014 Special Events Sponsored in Part by: