Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Permanent Protection of Two Local Farms Funded by Dutchess County’s Partnership for Manageable Growth We’re pleased to announce that the DLC has secured funding from Dutchess County’s Partnership for Manageable Growth (PMG) Program to help permanently protect two local farms: Brookby Farm in the Town of Dover and Destined Wind Farm in the Town of Amenia.
- Its here! Take a peek at our latest newsletter. Filled with everything we’ve been up to lately!
- DLC Receives Grants from NYS to Protect Two Local Farms Governor Cuomo recently announced the latest round of Farmland Protection Implementation Grants for the Mid-Hudson Valley. The DLC received two of the five grants awarded to protect local farms!
- Everything we were up to in 2015 – at a glance! Our latest Annual Report is here.
- County Collaborates with DLC, New York State to Preserve Milan Farm Dutchess County Executive Marcus J. Molinaro has announced the completion of a conservation easement to protect an 87.5-acre farm in Milan owned by Larry and Betti Steel, in partnership with the Dutchess Land Conservancy and New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets.
- Time is running out! Have you purchased your tickets to our Spring Barn Dinner Dance? Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 7 p.m. Foxrace Farm – 23 Foxrace Lane, Amenia, NY
- Thanks for joining us on the Birding Walk at the Dover Stone Church Preserve with the Waterman Bird Club Thanks to all who attended!
- Looking for fun for the whole family? We’ve got it! Join us on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend (May 27th) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Black Sheep Hill’s Farm Fest on Route 83 in Pine Plains. More info coming soon!
- Save the Date! The Caora Farm Sheep Dog Trials coming in June Visit the DLC Educational Tent at the Caora Farm Sheep Dog Trials on June 17th and 18th. More info coming soon.