Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Our thanks to NYS Assemblymember Didi Barrett for supporting agriculture and land conservation! DLC is extremely grateful for Assemblymember Didi Barrett’s incredible leadership to help us protect working farms. Learn more.
- Our 2014 Annual Report is now available! Inside you’ll find details of our work over the year, all of which we could not have accomplished without your very generous support!
- Our latest issue of Gaining Ground is here! We have lots of news to share, including a tribute to our longtime, beloved Board Member Molly Schaefer, stories of caring landowners who ensured that their properties will be forever protected, and lots more!
- DLC Mourns the Loss of Board Member Molly Schaefer DLC is deeply saddened by the sudden and unexpected loss of a dear and devoted Board member, Molly Schaefer, from a horse riding accident on June 17th.
- Our Call to Farmers: Funds Available to Protect Farmland Great news for the agricultural community: The New York State Legislature has passed a state budget for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 that includes $35 million for protecting working farmland. Hudson Valley farmers are invited to apply for funding to protect their farms through the acquisition of an agricultural easement on their land.
- Thanks to all who joined us for our Down to Earth workshop series! These workshops offer farmers and landowners interested in leasing farmland the opportunity to learn how to establish successful, long-term rental relationships.
- Many thanks to our Silent Auction Donors! Check out a list of the very generous donors to our Fall Luncheon’s Silent Auction.
- Our Fall Country Luncheon was amazing – thanks to all who came! We gathered together to celebrate 30 years of land conservation on October 11th at beautiful and historic Wethersfield Farm in Stanford. View the photos.
- The Dutchess County Ducks Unlimited Great Swamp Shoot & Conservation Program – Thanks for coming! It was a beautiful day at Tamarack Preserve to learn about wetland habitats! View the photos.
Our 2015 Special Events Sponsored in Part by: