Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Our Spring 2013 Newsletter is here! This issue focuses on our work to save critical farmland in the area. You can view the newsletter online or call our office at (845) 677-3002 if you would like a copy mailed to you!
- DLC Attends EPF and No Farms, No Food Lobby Days in Albany DLC Staff were recently in Albany for two land conservation lobby days.
- DLC Visits Washington to Build Support for Land Conservation DLC President Becky Thornton and Board Vice-Chair Rebecca Seaman joined land trusts from across the country to educate and engage political leaders on conservation issues.
- DLC is Renewing its Accreditation DLC is pleased to announce it is applying for renewal of accreditation! A public comment period is now open.
- Governor Cuomo’s 2013-2014 Executive Budget Increases EPF Funding by $19 Million As a result of advocacy by the Friends of New York’s Environment, led in large part by the land trust community, New York State’s Environmental Protection Fund is poised to receive its first increase – $19 million – in more than 5 years.
- It was a great weekend at the Finality Farm Sheep Dog Trials! Photos coming soon!
- Teaching Students about Land Conservation at the Fifth Annual Dover Earth Day DLC was on hand at the Dover CAC’s Fifth Annual Dover Earth Day at the Dover High School/Middle School.
- Save the Dates! Please save the dates for the Patron’s Luncheon at the Millbrook Horse Trials on Sunday, August 4th from Noon to 2 p.m. and for our Annual Patron’s Country Luncheon on Sunday, October 13th from Noon to 2 p.m. at Rocky Reef Farm.
- 2013 Education Events Schedule coming soon!
- Our 21st Annual Patrons’ Country Luncheon Almost 400 friends and supporters joined us at beautiful Rocky Reef Farm to celebrate land conservation!
Our 2013 Special Events Sponsored in Part by: