Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Take at look at the latest issue of Gaining Ground! It’s here and packed full of exciting news and scenes from our events. We hope you enjoy it!
- Schultz Hill Farm – part of Ronnybrook Dairy – Now Forever Protected June, 2016 – The Osofsky family – Freddi, Rick, Ronny and Sid – have protected their family-owned 185-acre Schultz Hill Farm (part of the Ronnybrook Dairy), on Schultz Hill Road in Pine Plains, through the DLC’s purchase of development rights program, in partnership with Scenic Hudson. This portion of their farm will now remain open ...
- Why Purchasing Development Rights is Important to our Communities as well as our Farmers June, 2016 – Just in case you didn’t really understand why buying development rights is important and what it can do for our communities and our farmers, read an article from The Millerton News.
- DLC Meets with Representatives in Washington during Land Trust Advocacy Days April, 2016 – DLC Board Chairman Rebecca Seaman, and President Becky Thornton, traveled to Washington DC in April to meet with Representatives on Capitol Hill during Land Trust Advocacy Days, organized by the Land Trust Alliance.
- Northern Dutchess Alliance Honors DLC Board Member Dave Tetor February 10, 2016 – NYS Assemblymember Didi Barrett joined DLC Board Member/retired Cornell Cooperative Extension Agent and Ag. Educator Dave Tetor and John Clark, retired Development and Design Coordinator for the Dutchess County Dept. of Planning and Development, who received awards from the Northern Dutchess Alliance today.
- Save the Date! Our Annual Fall Country Luncheon & Silent Auction It’s the 25th year of our Fall Country Luncheon on Sunday, October 9th – Take a peek at a sneak preview of our Silent Auction!
- Thanks for visiting us at the Caora Farm Sheep Dog Trials on June 25 & 26! There was a great turnout for this year’s Sheep Dog Trials at Caora Farm in Millerton. Spectators young and not-so-young enjoyed a gorgeous weekend at the farm, which is soon to be protected through the DLC’s purchase of development rights program.
- It’s Official: Thanks to all of you, our Spring Barn Dinner Dance was an outstanding success! Held on May 7th at MC and Eric Roberts’ Silver Mountain Farm in North East.
- Hope you were able to join us at the Black Sheep Hill Farm Fest! Thanks to all who came on Saturday, May 28th. By our tally, there were over 300 of you!