Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Our 2014 Annual Report is now available! Inside you’ll find details of our work over the year, all of which we could not have accomplished without your very generous support!
- Our latest issue of Gaining Ground is here! We have lots of news to share, including a tribute to our longtime, beloved Board Member Molly Schaefer, stories of caring landowners who ensured that their properties will be forever protected, and lots more!
- DLC Mourns the Loss of Board Member Molly Schaefer DLC is deeply saddened by the sudden and unexpected loss of a dear and devoted Board member, Molly Schaefer, from a horse riding accident on June 17th.
- Our Call to Farmers: Funds Available to Protect Farmland Great news for the agricultural community: The New York State Legislature has passed a state budget for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 that includes $35 million for protecting working farmland. Hudson Valley farmers are invited to apply for funding to protect their farms through the acquisition of an agricultural easement on their land.
- A Legacy of Land Conservation and Leadership: Remembering Dick Kimball In April we received news of the passing of former DLC Board member, Past Chairman, and long-time friend Richard A. “Dick” Kimball, Jr.
- Upcoming Education Events September is another busy month for education events – why not join us and enjoy the Hudson Valley’s fall colors!
- Our Fall Country Luncheon is coming up soon! Join us on October 11th at beautiful and historic Wethersfield Farm in Stanford. There’s still time to purchase underwriter tickets and ensure that your name appears on the invitation. Regular tickets will be available for purchase at a later date. Watch for your invitation in the mail in mid-September!
- Caora Farm Sheep Dog Trials: Great Family Fun in spite of the Weather! Part of the competition schedule of the North East Border Collie Association, the Caora Farm Sheep Dog Trials had exciting competition for the many enthusiastic spectators attending.
Our 2015 Special Events Sponsored in Part by: