Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Why Purchasing Development Rights is Important to our Communities as well as our Farmers June, 2016 – Just in case you didn’t really understand why buying development rights is important and what it can do for our communities and our farmers, read an article from The Millerton News.
- DLC Meets with Representatives in Washington during Land Trust Advocacy Days April, 2016 – DLC Board Chairman Rebecca Seaman, and President Becky Thornton, traveled to Washington DC in April to meet with Representatives on Capitol Hill during Land Trust Advocacy Days, organized by the Land Trust Alliance.
- Northern Dutchess Alliance Honors DLC Board Member Dave Tetor February 10, 2016 – NYS Assemblymember Didi Barrett joined DLC Board Member/retired Cornell Cooperative Extension Agent and Ag. Educator Dave Tetor and John Clark, retired Development and Design Coordinator for the Dutchess County Dept. of Planning and Development, who received awards from the Northern Dutchess Alliance today.
- Check out our new YouTube video! January 29, 2015 – DLC’s new video is live on YouTube – watch now and learn about our mission!
- Congress Approves Major Conservation Legislation Dec. 18, 2015 – Today, legislation that supports a permanent federal tax incentive for land conservation passed both houses of Congress in a rare display of bipartisanship. The Appropriations Bill (H.R. 2029) next will go to President Obama’s desk, where he is expected to sign it into law.
- Save the Date! Our Annual Fall Country Luncheon & Silent Auction It’s the 25th year of our Fall Country Luncheon on Sunday, October 9th!
- Visit us at the Caora Farm Sheep Dog Trials ~ June 25 & 26! Great fun for the whole family!
- It’s Official: Thanks to all of you, our Spring Barn Dinner Dance was an outstanding success! Held on May 7th at MC and Eric Roberts’ Silver Mountain Farm in North East.
- Hope you were able to join us at the Black Sheep Hill Farm Fest! Thanks to all who came on Saturday, May 28th. By our tally, there were over 300 of you!
- Thanks to all who attended “The Future of Oak Forests” On Saturday, May 7th, the DLC and the Cary Institute presented a forum exploring the future of oak forests. Photos coming soon!