Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Discussing Land Conservation with our Realtor Friends We recently hosted a gathering to check in with our Realtor friends about land conservation. Learn more.
- Working to Obtain State Farmland Protection Funding DLC joined the American Farmland Trust and other conservation groups to meet with representatives in Albany to discuss funding for farmland protection. Learn more.
- Working to Make the Enhanced Conservation Easement Tax Incentive Permanent Since 2006, an enhanced income tax deduction has allowed family farmers, ranchers, and forest land owners to get a significant tax benefit for donating a conservation easement on their land. While this deduction expired at the end of 2013, we are still working with the LTA and the land trust community to make it permanent.
- Announcing our new Farmer Landowner Match Program! We’re pleased to announce that we are now working in collaboration with Columbia Land Conservancy (CLC) to expand its Farmer Landowner Match Program into Dutchess County. The program, which previously focused solely on Columbia County, facilitates lease agreements between landowners seeking to have their land farmed, and farmers seeking land.
- Congressman Chris Gibson thanks DLC on House floor! DLC strongly thanks Congressman Chris Gibson for his hard work and support to improve the land conservation measures of the Farm Bill! Learn more and watch the video!
- Our Inaugural Spring Barn Dinner Dance! Saturday, May 10, 2014 ~ Join us as we welcome spring to the Hudson Valley with an evening of dining and dancing in a beautiful, rustic country setting.
- A Sneak Preview of some of our Silent Auction Items! Browse our Spring Barn Dinner Dance Silent Auction Items before May 10th!
- Sustainable Stewardship: Maintaining Value in Hudson Valley Landscapes Thanks so much to all who attended – it was a great seminar! Photos coming soon!
- Thanks to all who joined us for our Trail Maintenance Workshop with the NY/NJ Trail Conference! The weather didn’t stop our eager attendees from learning the abc’s of maintaining trails. Learn more.
Our 2014 Special Events Sponsored in Part by: