Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Our Land Trust Accreditation has been Renewed! We are pleased to announce that our Land Trust Accreditation, originally granted in 2009, has been renewed for another five years. We are one of only 280 land trusts from across the country that are now accredited. Learn more.
- Check out the Poughkeepsie Journal’s great coverage on the fight to save the enhanced easement tax incentive! Our friends at the Poughkeepsie Journal are helping us to get the word out about the tax incentive – it’s passed the House – now on to the Senate! Learn More
- Dutchess Land Conservancy applauds Congressmen Chris Gibson and Sean Patrick Maloney for Co-sponsoring the Conservation Easement Incentive Act – UPDATE The land trust community has been working tirelessly with legislative leaders on the national level to renew and make an enhanced tax incentive (H.R. 2807) for the donation of conservation easements a permanent part of the federal tax code. Learn more.
- DLC Awarded NYS Conservation Partnership Program Grants! We recently received two grants funded through New York State’s Environmental Protection Fund (EPF). Learn More.
- Discussing Land Conservation with our Realtor Friends We recently hosted a gathering to check in with our Realtor friends about land conservation. Learn more.
- Our 23rd Annual Fall Country Luncheon was sold out! It was an absolutely gorgeous day at Rally Farms and another wonderfully successful event!
- It was an amazing weekend at the Caora Farm Sheep Dog Trials! Thanks to all who joined us!
- Thanks for joining us at our Forests and Wetlands for Flood Management Seminar Join DLC and Cornell Cooperative Extension as we learn about the science of how forests and wetlands work to help limit damages from flooding. Learn more.
- Our Inaugural Spring Barn Dinner Dance was an Amazing Success! Thanks to all who joined us at Silver Mountain Hay Barn in Millerton and to those who supported the event! From all accounts, a great time was had by everyone and we look forward to next year!
- Sustainable Stewardship: Maintaining Value in Hudson Valley Landscapes Thanks so much to all who attended – it was a great seminar!
Our 2014 Special Events Sponsored in Part by: