Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
Sponsored in part by
Special Events Patron
- Earth Day is this week – What can you do?April 19, 2021 – Did you know that we lose 15 billion trees a year globally? That’s 56 acres of forest every minute. Earth Day is April 22nd. Find out what you can do to save our environment.
- Explorer’s NotebookApril 14, 2021 – Julie Hart takes us into the woods to learn how to identify trees by their bark, just in time for early spring woodland walks.
- All the Latest News is here!March 18, 2020 – Our Winter newsletter is on the way to your mailbox but you can also see it here!
- Have you seen the new DLC film?Forever Protected, a Dutchess Land Conservancy film featuring Liam Neeson and produced by Jon Bowermaster of Oceans 8 Films, premiered at the Four Brothers Drive-in Theatre in Amenia on Sunday, October 25. We’re very excited to share it with you here – Enjoy!
- DLC President Becky Thornton Honored by Hudson Valley MagazineDecember 10, 2020 – We are thrilled to announce that Becky Thornton, the DLC’s President, is a recipient of Hudson Valley Magazine’s 2020 Women in Business Awards! Hudson Valley Magazine’s Women in Business Awards pay tribute to the region’s top businesswomen of 2020.
- Want to learn how to take care of your wooded lands?Join the DLC and the Cary Institute for ‘An Ecological Approach to Forest Stewardship Virtual Workshop Series’ beginning May 4th. Learn more.
- Join us for 2021 Road Rally!It’s June 5th (rain date June 6th) and you won’t want to miss it!
- It was a great day for our Vernal Pool Walk at Wethersfield!It was a spectacular day at Wethersfield and we thank all who were able to join us! Check out the photos.
Sponsored in part by
Special Events Patrons