Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Dedicated to Preservation: Introducing new DLC Board Member, Eric Roberts March 12, 2019 – This January, the Dutchess Land Conservancy welcomed Eric Roberts as its newest board member. We sat down with Roberts to discover what brought him to the area, how his passion for Dutchess County developed and what he recommends for those who want to support the DLC’s future.
- Our latest newsletter is out now – watch your mailbox! March 5, 2019 – All the latest news, happenings, and helpful tips to start off your spring in a conservation state of mind. Can’t wait to get your copy? Take a look now!
- Susie and Eliot Clarke: Leading by Example December 12, 2018 – Susie and Eliot Clarke, longtime Millbrook residents, made a substantial gift to the DLC in the form of low-cost basis stock. The DLC’s Tara Kelly sat down with Eliot to talk about this financial instrument.
- Looking for a way to take better care of your woodlands? We can help! If you own forested lands, the way you manage them can have an impact on everyone around you. Our April 27th workshop will give you the tools you need to put you on the path to wise stewardship of this critical resource.
- Save the Date! The Spring Barn Dinner Dance is May 11th We’re returning to last year’s gorgeous venue: the Hitchcock Farm Hay Barn. Our thanks to Tom Hitchcock for agreeing to host our event again this year!
- From a bird’s eye view – is your forest the one they’ll call home? Join Audubon New York’s Jillian Liner and Dave Decker on May 18th as they discuss how you can improve the bird habitat on your land to draw our feathered friends to your property!
Our Special Events
Sponsored in part by
Sponsored in part by