Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- Susie and Eliot Clarke: Leading by Example December 12, 2018 – Susie and Eliot Clarke, longtime Millbrook residents, made a substantial gift to the DLC in the form of low-cost basis stock. The DLC’s Tara Kelly sat down with Eliot to talk about this financial instrument.
- The Nature of Things: A Conversation with Shelby Shelldon, the Eastern Painted Turtle November 29, 2018 – Our staff never knows who they’ll meet when they’re out in the field! Learn about Eastern Painted Turtles and how you can help them.
- Remembering one of the “feel good” stories of the year November 9, 2018 – Her wing was broken. She couldn’t fly – and was vulnerable. Julie and Karissa knew they had to help her.
- The Mountain Lion Returns to the East! Join us on Friday, February 22nd for a magnificently illustrated intro to mountain lion biology and ecology featuring nationally-reknowned tracker and naturalist Sue Morse.
- Do you know your trees? Not so much? Well, we can help! Join us on Saturday, March 2nd, and we’ll help you learn to identify the trees in your backyard.
- Thanks for Joining us for our Down to Earth workshops! This 3-part series offered interactive learning opportunities for both farmers and landowners seeking to lease farmland or prepare their farm to transition to the next generation. We hope to see you next year!