Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- DLC is Undergoing Accreditation Renewal! July 2, 2019 – Stakeholder Notification/Public Notice: The Dutchess Land Conservancy is pleased to announce it is applying for renewal of accreditation. A public comment period is now open.
- Passion Fruits July 1, 2019 – The MacLeans have forever protected the family’s Thompson-Finch Farm in Ancram in a very unique way. Georgina Schaeffer tells us more.
- Missed it in your mailbox? It’s here! June 17, 2019 – Our Summer 2019 newsletter is hot off the press – check it out here!
- The Nature of Things May 22, 2019 – The ever-playful and popular Vulpes vulpes came out from her den earlier this year to talk to the DLC’s Karissa Stokdal about her new pups and why the red fox doesn’t make for a good house pet, despite their looks.
- It’s Earth Day – a great day to celebrate land conservation (and Spring!) April 22, 2019 – Check out our new video! We hope it will encourage you to get out on the land!
- Shekomeko Strolls – Saturday, July 20th Join us for a guided nature walk at our property in the Shekomeko Valley! Learn more.
- Thanks for coming out to FarmFest! It was farmers, food and fun and a great time was had by all! Check out the photos.
- Thanks to all who joined us at the Annual Spring Barn Dinner Dance It was an amazing night at the Hitchcock Farm Hay Barn. Our thanks to our gracious hosts, the Hitchcock Family. Check out the photos!
- Our Forest Birds Workshop was fun and informative! Couldn’t attend? We’ve got Audubon NY’s full color presentation for you to download.
Our Special Events
Sponsored in part by
Sponsored in part by