Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
Sponsored in part by
Special Events Patron
- Land Conservation News is Good News!June 10, 2021 – Missed it in your mail? We’ve got it! Check out our latest newsletter!
- Earth Day is this week – What can you do?April 19, 2021 – Did you know that we lose 15 billion trees a year globally? That’s 56 acres of forest every minute. Earth Day is April 22nd. Find out what you can do to save our environment.
- Explorer’s NotebookApril 14, 2021 – Julie Hart takes us into the woods to learn how to identify trees by their bark, just in time for early spring woodland walks.
- All the Latest News is here!March 18, 2020 – Our Winter newsletter is on the way to your mailbox but you can also see it here!
- Have you seen the new DLC film?Forever Protected, a Dutchess Land Conservancy film featuring Liam Neeson and produced by Jon Bowermaster of Oceans 8 Films, premiered at the Four Brothers Drive-in Theatre in Amenia on Sunday, October 25. We’re very excited to share it with you here – Enjoy!
- Looking for a book club that focuses on the environment? We’ve got it!Join the DLC and CLC’s ‘Where the Wild Books Are Book Club.’ Our next virtual meeting is October 12th and we’re reading ‘A Sand County Almanac’ by Aldo Leopold. Don’t miss it!
- Join us for a walk at Connecticut Audubon’s Deer Pond Farm!Join us on October 16th as we take you to forever-protected lands in Pawling, NY and Sherman, CT for a look at enhancing wildlife habitats in your own backyard.
- Save the Date: The Fall Country Luncheon is Back!Mark your calendars for October 17th. You won’t want to miss this special celebration!
Sponsored in part by
Special Events Patrons