Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
Sponsored in part by
Special Events Patron
- Have you seen the new DLC film? Forever Protected, a Dutchess Land Conservancy film featuring Liam Neeson and produced by Jon Bowermaster of Oceans 8 Films, premiered at the Four Brothers Drive-in Theatre in Amenia on Sunday, October 25. We’re very excited to share it with you here – Enjoy!
- DLC President Becky Thornton Honored by Hudson Valley Magazine December 10, 2020 – We are thrilled to announce that Becky Thornton, the DLC’s President, is a recipient of Hudson Valley Magazine’s 2020 Women in Business Awards! Hudson Valley Magazine’s Women in Business Awards pay tribute to the region’s top businesswomen of 2020.
- If it’s Friday, we’re headed down #TheBookTrail! Take a look at our Friday feature from Facebook and Instagram, #TheBookTrail! Each week we bring you book recommendations related to our weekly theme.
- The Weekly Four Outdoors Scavenger Hunt! Looking for something to do outside to learn about nature? We’ve got it!
- What do coyotes and stone walls have in common? October 21, 2020 – They’re both featured in the Fall issue of Gaining Ground! Check it out here.
- Don’t miss our March 9th “Where the Wild Books Are” Virtual Book Club Meeting! Our joint program with the Columbia Land Conservancy takes flight on the 9th – join us as we learn about the butterfly!
- “Tree Identification for Beginners” Virtual Workshop Want to learn how to identify trees? Join us online on March 16th to learn how to recognize common Northeast trees by their shape, bark patterns, twigs, fruits, and seeds.
- Save the Date! Join us for 2021 Road Rally & Tailgate on June 5th.
Sponsored in part by
Special Events Patrons