Preserving Our Heritage
Protecting Our Resources
Planning For Our Future
Dutchess Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, important resources and open lands of Dutchess County, New York. We encourage sound, well-planned growth balanced with the conservation of our important natural resources and working landscapes to ensure healthy and vibrant communities for the benefit of all generations.
Dutchess Land Conservancy
P.O. Box 138, 4289 Route 82
Millbrook, New York 12545
Phone: (845) 677-3002
Fax: (845) 677-3008
- The Nature of Things May 22, 2019 – The ever-playful and popular Vulpes vulpes came out from her den earlier this year to talk to the DLC’s Karissa Stokdal about her new pups and why the red fox doesn’t make for a good house pet, despite their looks.
- It’s Earth Day – a great day to celebrate land conservation (and Spring!) April 22, 2019 – Check out our new video! We hope it will encourage you to get out on the land!
- Dedicated to Preservation: Introducing new DLC Board Member, Eric Roberts March 12, 2019 – This January, the Dutchess Land Conservancy welcomed Eric Roberts as its newest board member. We sat down with Roberts to discover what brought him to the area, how his passion for Dutchess County developed and what he recommends for those who want to support the DLC’s future.
- Our latest newsletter is out now – watch your mailbox! March 5, 2019 – All the latest news, happenings, and helpful tips to start off your spring in a conservation state of mind. Can’t wait to get your copy? Take a look now!
- Susie and Eliot Clarke: Leading by Example December 12, 2018 – Susie and Eliot Clarke, longtime Millbrook residents, made a substantial gift to the DLC in the form of low-cost basis stock. The DLC’s Tara Kelly sat down with Eliot to talk about this financial instrument.
- Come on out to FarmFest! On May 25th, Black Sheep Hill Farm will be opening their farm stand for the season. Neighboring farms will offer a selection of their products, such as: lamb and pork, lovely cheeses, organic vegetables, milkshakes, flowers, kids’ activities and more.
- Our Forest Birds Workshop was fun and informative! Couldn’t attend? We’ve got Audubon NY’s full color presentation for you to download.
- Thanks to all who joined us at the Annual Spring Barn Dinner Dance It was an amazing night at the Hitchcock Farm Hay Barn. Our thanks to our gracious hosts, the Hitchcock Family.
Our Special Events
Sponsored in part by
Sponsored in part by